Lost Art of Thank You CardsJan 14, 2022
According to a recent study, the average American only sends about one thank you card per year. That's just not enough!
Whether it was for your maid of honor who helped plan your wedding or that amazing colleague who made dinner for everyone at work, there is no better way to say “thank you” than sending them a handwritten note on paper. Not only does this show how much they mean to you and how grateful you are, but it also gives them something physical from you as well as an experience reading what someone else put so much time into writing out by hand--something we don't get nearly often enough these days.
Here are some of the reasons why it's important to send thank you cards!
- Thank you notes are a thoughtful way to show appreciation for someone's time and effort
- Sending thank-you notes shows that the recipient is valued in your life
- It's an opportunity to make a personal connection with another person
- A handwritten note can be treasured for years, even decades after it has been sent
- It creates a sense of community when people take the time to send thank you cards or letters
- Receiving thank you cards from others is uplifting and encouraging
Thank you cards have become a thing of the past, but that doesn't mean they're not necessary. It's so easy to send an automated email or text message when someone has done something for us--but what about writing out those thanks? There is just something very satisfying in hand-delivering your gratitude on paper!
When did you last receive a thank-you card? Let us know in the comment section below.
Until next time, Happy Connecting!
We very much appreciate your reading our most recent blog article! We hope that you found value in it and were able to pull something of value from it that will you you on your journey to building a By Referral business.
Click the link below to see a list of our upcoming classes.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.