Mortgage & Real Estate Taxation
We discuss the Good, Bad & the Ugly of the new Real Estate Tax Laws and how it affects your clients.
About The Class
In this course, we share real-life examples of how you can help your clients evaluate their real estate options in a way that’s fully compliant with federal tax laws and regulations.
During this 3-hour workshop we'll discuss:
- How the mortgage interest deduction works on primary homes and vacation homes, and how this impacts the client’s mortgage and real estate strategy
- How recent changes to the standard deduction and SALT deductions impact first-time homebuyers and move-up homebuyers
- How to make better use of the primary residence exclusion to the capital gains tax
- How the 3.8% investment tax works, who needs to pay it and when it needs to be paid
- How the capital gains tax works when people convert their primary home into a rental property and vice versa
- How rental income, depreciation, capital gains, and capital losses are taxed on investment properties
- How the gift tax works, who needs to pay it and when it needs to be paid
- How to make better use of the annual and lifetime exclusions to the gift tax when clients use gift money for a down payment
- How tax basis works and why it matters
You'll walk away with a much better understanding of how mortgage and real estate taxation impacts you and your clients.
3 HR REALTOR ELECTIVE CE
TREC Education Provider License # 10155 | Course # 41140
Host A Class
If you would like to host this class for a group of Realtors, Financial Advisors, or business professionals click the link below to schedule a time that works for you.